amazon banner

Friday, September 13, 2013

Are creatine and beta alanine addictive?

So I got sick of taking creatine and beta alanine every day, so I skipped on them for two days. Then when I worked out, I was sluggish.

 The number of sets I could do was less. When I'm on creatine and beta alanine, I can easily blast through eight or nine single rep sets of pause squats. When I was off the supplements, I could barely  get through five sets.

In fact, my entire workout was a nightmare. I was breathing hard. In between sets, my body felt defeated. It took me longer  to recover as well.

However, during the entire workout all I could think about was how I wished I had taken creatine and beta alanine.

  Doesn't that constitute an addiction? I didn't go through any withdrawal symptoms, when I wasn't  taking them. But I couldn't stop thinking about them while I was working out, so it was like a mental addiction.

Even more, now that I'm in my rest  phase, I'm taking them religiously. First thing after breakfast, I'm getting my pills out and taking them because I don't want to feel lethargic while I workout.  If I feel tired while I workout, so my thought process goes, I  won't be giving my body enough of a training stimulus to make it want to adapt. I kind  of sound like a drug addict.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment