amazon banner

Friday, May 23, 2014

Progress Report

Here's my numbers from my Wednesday night workout:


Gym Wednesday 930 pm 5/21/14
Shoulder press life fitness machine 170-2, 190-2
One hand stiff legged deadlift
Left 285-1
Right 285-1
Lat row life fitness cable machine 260-2
Free motion Pec fly machine 290-1
Life fitness one legged leg press
Left 70-1
Right 70-1
One hand rope Tricep extension cable machine
Left 60-1
Right 60-1


Workout notes:

I still maintain that I'm stronger in the afternoon than I am at night, and this workout proves it. I really didn't see many gains and I didn't expect to either.

I tried stiff legged deadlifting with one hand again, and I ended up tweaking my left shoulder because I was going for a personal record like I always do, and my shoulder got pulled out of position by the heavy weight. Then when I tried going up with the weight I could feel my left shoulder popping out of its socket which has caused me nagging shoulder pain.

The only way I'm going to work my lower back is if I take shoulders out of the lift and begin alternating my stiff legged deadlift with a good morning for my next workout.  The good morning just has you rest the bar on the back of your neck. No need for the shoulders with a good morning.


Also I'm starting to get a little tendonitis in my elbows from doing tricep extensions, so my workaround is just to do tricep extensions on a cable machine using a rope attachment.  The roe allows a lot of play in the hands. This tends to put more focus on the wrists and shift it away from the elbows. Also I'll alternate on different workout days one handed rope tricep extensions on a cable machine with two handed rope tricep extensions.




No comments:

Post a Comment