amazon banner

Friday, June 20, 2014

Progress report

Here are my numbers.  Click here for what the numbers mean

Gym Sunday 1130 pm 6/15/14
Leverage chest press machine 360-1
Rack pull 535-1
Chest press free motion cable machine 200-0
Life fitness seated leg press one legged
Left 90-1, 110-0, 110-1
Right 90-1, 110-0, 110-1
Free motion bicep curl cable machine 150-1
Tricep extension rope attachment cable machine 70-2
Good morning 195-0

Thursday 6/19/14 1230 p.m. home
Seated shoulder press 215-1, 225-1, 250-0
Stiff legged deadlift 535-0, 545-0
Pec fly dumbbells pair of:
40's-3,  45's-2
Pause squat 365-1
Pendlay rows 365-1







Here I am attempting a 365 lb. pause squat attempt. I gave myself a 1 just because I kind of got it up a couple inches and it was a very controlled lift.  I maintained form on the way down and in the hole, so I gave myself a 1 to help me stay motivated.


Afterwards, I banged out this 335 lb. pause squat.  By about midrange of the lift it turned into a good morning but at least I got it up there.


Here's me doing a chest fly with 45's.  Notice how I don't go that low for fear of tearing something.  Some people would consider that a full and complete lift because I got the dumbbells parallel to the ground, but to me that's a halfway lift.  I want to go until my arms can't go down any further while still maintaining correct form and keeping the dumbbells under control without my arms swinging out of position.



As a final note, I used to do tricep extensions every workout but the tendonitis in my elbows was flaring up so bad that the pain was starting to bleed over into my chest press and shoulder press so I resolved myself into doing tricep extensions just one day a week.  I'm hoping the shoulder press will adequately stimulate my tricep muscles but that remains to be seen until I do tricep extensions again.

No comments:

Post a Comment